Sexual wellness is an important component of healthy relationships. It focuses on many things including sexual problems. Sexual dysfunction can occur when an issue prevents you from enjoying sexual activity. Both men and women of all ages can experience sexual dysfunction. Although the chances increase as an individual gets older. Read on to learn more…
Losing Your Hair Can Be Scary
In fact, many people say hair loss is one of the biggest concerns associated with aging. In nearly every culture, hair is associated with youth, sex appeal and good health, which explains why we try so hard to hold onto it.
But there is good news, today, there are medications, advanced therapies, and procedures available to treat hair loss at every stage. And while it may sound like something out of a horror story, one of the most promising tools for treating hair is — your blood. The treatment is simple, quick and highly effective.
How exactly does this new “vampire” therapy breathe new life into failing follicles, and is it right for you? Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy, also commonly referred to as “Vampire PRP,” has become one of the most exciting recent breakthroughs in hair restoration.
What is PRP– Platelet Rich Plasma?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a treatment derived from a person’s own blood platelets to enhance hair growth. In the field of cell therapy and tissue regeneration, research is continuing to progress regarding the use of PRP’s ability to attract, stimulate and orchestrate stem cell activity to improve wound healing and naturally rejuvenate skin and hair follicles. PRP, which also contains a number of stem cells itself, has been successfully used throughout a large variety of medical specialties.
How is Vampire PRP Performed?
The procedure itself is relatively easy on the patient. We start with a simple blood draw, and then the patient’s blood is double spun in a special centrifuge with specific kits designed to produce the high-quality PRP – a potent growth factor “cocktail.”
Once activated, platelets release powerful molecules which have profound biologic effects on the hair follicles and skin. The scalp is numbed using local anesthesia, and this potent cocktail of growth factors, cytokines, and other proteins is injected into the area where weak hair follicles exist. In addition to its effectiveness in treating certain types of hair loss, a growing number of patients are drawn to “Vampire PRP” because of its quick and non-invasive nature. This outpatient procedure takes about one hour and requires no downtime. Mild soreness or swelling, if any, resolves in less than a day and when administered correctly and improved hair growth may be measured in a matter of weeks.
PRP+Stem Cell Treatment = Best Results
Our PRP is enhanced with stem cells through the use of placental extracellular matrix (ECM) called BioD.
The quality, strength, and duration of the PRP hair regrowth treatments are directly related to the preparation protocols, centrifuge settings, preparation kits, the use of ECM (BioD) and, most importantly, the training of the staff.
Every member of our medical team has passed certification for the preparation and application of PRP–and we have continuing education on PRP preparation each year as equipment and techniques change rapidly in the field of Biocellular Regeneration.
Female Hair Loss Patient, Before and 12 Months After PRP+ECM Treatment
Male Hair Loss Patient, Before and 9 Months After Vampire-PRP+ECM Treatment.
Vampire PRP Hair Growth Results & Tracking
As with all hair loss treatments, PRP is most effective when started early, before the hair follicles have been completely obliterated. The areas of the scalp where the hair follicles are producing hair fibers that are thin, wispy and weak is where PRP holds the greatest potential, and where the therapy can really make a difference. One downside to PRP treatment for hair regrowth is that it does not offer permanent results. Most patients who undergo PRP therapy using BioD require a repeat treatment in about 12 to 24 months. It typically takes three months to measure the improvements from PRP using the scientific HairCheck cross-sectional hair bundle trichometry measurement tool. Over time, the PRP treatment may need to be repeated depending on the patient’s response to therapy, hair loss condition and goals.
Patients should note that to achieve optimal results, a multi-therapy approach might be required, depending on the severity of the hair loss and their personal goals.
5 Scary Truths About Hair Loss
- The use of Minoxidil is FDA-approved for hair regrowth and has proven science behind it, but the reality is it doesn’t work for everyone. In fact, over-the-counter minoxidil may only work well in about 35 percent of patients, according to medical studies, meaning there is a 65 percent chance standard over-the-counter minoxidil, like Rogaine, won’t help you. Instead, you may require a prescription for a specially formulated, compounded minoxidil solution (like Formula 82M) for optimal results.
- By the time hair loss becomes noticeable to the naked eye, about 50 percent of the hair follicles may have already been lost. The earlier patients can get started on preventive or restorative therapies, the better their odds are for retaining a full and healthy hairline.
- According to the American Hair Loss Association, by the age of 35, approximately one-third of men will experience some degree of hair loss; and by the age of 50, 50% of men will have significantly thinning hair. As men age, the risk of losing hair increases, and is proportional to age: 60% in the 60s, 70% in 70s, and so on.
- Roughly half of all women over the age of 40 suffer from some form of hair loss. That’s right – half. While most people tend to think of hair loss as a man’s problem, the reality is that women are almost just as likely as men to lose their hair.
- Medications, laser therapy, Vampire PRP with stem cells, and pharmaceutical-grade supplements, can stimulate hair follicles to help make hair follicles grow thicker healthier hair.
If You Or Someone You Know Has Hair Loss
I encourage you to reach out only to physicians who have been thoroughly trained in the latest methods and technology. Drs. Juan and Lucia Chavez, in Fresno, CA are certified as Bauman HairCoaches™ and have non-surgical hair restoration certification. I would highly recommend them for early hair loss detection, scalp analysis and treatment counseling for men & women.